Sunday, May 4, 2008

jinxer(goodbye myself)

people call me Lenny, my real name is Allan. i'm married to the most beautiful woman on this planet, and planning to have a baby. everything is going great in my life. i'm about to get a promotion, although its just a rumor, i'm pretty sure its a sure go.

Thursday, Kuching. i lost my job. my employer fired me because i lost one of our biggest client. the promotion i was about to get went out the window, along with my job. now i have to tell the bad news to my wife. i went to the parking lot in front of the office building, and my car was not there. all thats left at my parking spot was just shattered pieces of glass. my car has been stolen.

i had to take the bus home. so i waited at the bus station. there was no one there but me and two guys. it was probably because its almost evening. the bus arrived just before i came here. so i have to wait for another half-an-hour. almost fifteen minutes went by. the two guys that was at the bus station kept pointing at me. i had a feeling that something bad is about to happen. one of the guy walked slowly behind me, while the other was sitting next to me. suddenly the one behind me grabbed my hand, and held it on my back. the one next to me pulled out a knife from his pocket and pleced it near my neck. the sharp end of the knife, i can feel it on my neck.he demanded that i gave them my wallet. i was powerless, i coudn't do anything. so i gave up. i said in a nervous tone to take my wallet from my pants. they took the wallet, emptied everything, left nothing but my i.d card.

a few minutes later, the bus arrived. i walked in slowly. fortunately i had a few extra extra change in my front pocket to pay for the bus. my bag was scratched by the guys that robbed me. this was the worst day of my life. just then i thought that nothing worse can happen. i was sitting at the seat near the window. i looked outside, the bus stopped at the traffic light. next to the bus was a BMW. a new one. inside i saw someone familiar sitting at the seat next to the driver. at first i coudn't see them clearly. the BMW rolled down its window, and i saw my ex-employer. next to him was, ow shit, its my wife. the day just got worse.

the bus stopped at the station near my house. there were a whole crowd of people in the residential area. a few yards in front was a fire-engine. the hell? my house has just been on fire a few hours earlier. one of the neighbour called the fireman. why wasn't my wife aware of this? she must have been out with my boss.

i'll have to find a place to stay first. i called my wife first, using the public phone. she answered the phone calmly. when i asked her what she was doing , she answered that she was at her mothers. i told her about our house burned down, she was a little surprised. then she asked me where i wanted to stay, i told her i will stay at her mother's place. but she said her brothers just came home from K.L and the house is full. i had to stay at my friends house. i told her that i was staying at my friends house. she said goodbye, and hung up.

so i had to walk another kilometres to the next residential area. by the time i reached there my wife was already waiting for me at the front door. she didn't even gave me hug or a kiss. all she did was handed me a pile of paper, the title of the paper was, Bill of Divorcement.and she just left me. wtihout saying a word.i was frustrated. i screamed inside my head. i have been a nice guy all my life. now all this has happen i don't believe in anything anymore. i knocked on my friends doorand put all the things that is on my hand inside his house. he put me in a bachelor room, much like his. the room was empty, the walls were blank. i better start planning my revenge soon enough. now i am not the guy i used to be, i can make anything happen, for bloody revenge is bloody sweet...

No comments: