Saturday, May 3, 2008

Four-Eyes(I am Not Weak)

i am known as Dex. i am like any other kid in Kuching. i'm just 16, and i go study Tunaz. i only go out once a week, during the weekend. in the weekdays, i just study all the time. i do other things too, like after school activities, and some sport. but this week was different. it was a long break, about one week. i hate this break because i never do anything during the break anyway, usually i just stay at home and just read some comics and graphic novel. this week was different as i said before, my parent wasn't home, they were off somewhere to Europe, and i was left to die here, just kidding, my brother is here.

my cousin just came in today from New Zealand. he just finished his second semester in college, and decided to pay me a visit for 3 month. guess he'd rather be here than there, but me i would rather be there than here. whatever. so today i was to pick him up. i went to the airport via a taxi. i wondered around the airport for quite some time until i found the landing information on the t.v hanging on the wall. i found out that his flight has just arrived. he's been in New Zealand for quite some time. he still has a house here in Kuching, his family moved to New Zealand about three Years ago. i waited at the arrival zone where people started to walked out of the luggage place, some were even running.

i waited for a few minutes until somebody suddenly tapped my shoulder. i thought it was him, but as i turned around, it was a girl. she was carrying a travelers bag, like what some people from overseas would carry,or those camping bags.

"minta maaf, mana tempat nak minta teksi? eh, salah plak, sorry, where do i get the taxi?"

seems she was not a local. she was probably from the west malaysia. plus her accent gives it away. i pointed her the way to a taxi counter which was just a few inches away. she was crowded with bags so i offered to help her. i carried some of her handheld baggage so she could go to the counter with ease. after she got the taxi ticket thing, we waited outside for a taxi. the thing with airport taxi is that, you can easily get a taxi here.i helped her to put the things in the taxi, and afterwards she thanked me. before she went in the taxi, she took out a pen, took my hand and wrote something there. then she went in and left the airport. i slowly waved at her taxi and started walking back in the airport. i glanced at my hand, and a name, a number and a few lines were written on it.'Elly,(her number),"call me when you get a chance"'

then a distance away from the entrance, i saw my cousin, Remmy. he was carrying one big bag of luggage, and a laptop bag was hanging from his shoulder. he was sitting on one of those seat at the airport. he has been watching me all this while. he smiled and i ran towards him. and gave him a friendly hug.

"Only sixteen, and you're getting a girl like that. what will you become when you turn my age?"

i laughed a little and he laughed a lot. then he said "just don't be gay okay?"

we went over to the taxi counter, and booked a taxi. we waited outside and went home afterwards. in the taxi, he grabbed my hand and started to read what Elly wrote on my hand. he told me to call her tonight. i refused but he insisted that i do it tonight, because it was Thursday. tonight was lady's night at any club in Kuching. he told me to ask her out. i refused to ask her out to go clubbing because mainly for one reason, i was underage. he said he'd cover for me about my age. he persuaded me over and over again, even until we reached his house. even until we were inside his house and unpacking his stuff he was still persuading me.i unpacked his PS2 and plugged it into the Home theatre in his entertainment room. we were playing guitar hero 3 and he was still trying to get me to ask the girl out.

"she gave her numbers to you for a reason, stupid. its not a kind of nice things to do after some guy help her. she wants you to ask her out."

i thought some more and still refused,until we were playing the dragon force song, Through the Fire and Flame, he betted if he could finish the song better than me i asked Elly out tonight. i accepted his challenge since i always accepted any challengem,plus i was mediaocre at dragonforce song in guitar hero. he probably never played this song before.

i lost. he played the song perfectly in hard mode. i couldn't even compete with his score. he finished it 100%. I SHOULDN'T HAVE UNDERESTIMATED HIM. so the bet was i asked Elly out. okay. i reached my phone, dialled her number. there was a caller tone, the song by the vines "don't listen to the radio" was playing. then an answer.it was her. i asked if it was her, and she answered yes. i asked how she was doing, she said she had a hard time getting places since she has never been to Kuching before. then i had the chance, i offered to show her around Kuching. she happily answered that it would be great. she then thanked me a lot, and asked me to meet her at the Merdeka Palace.

there i showed to Remmy that i can take the challenge. but the problem was i can't drive because i don't have a license. Remmy told me not to worry, he told me "WE" could use his car. "WE"? what does he mean by that?

No comments: